Help me with my shopping list :)

For discussion of Privateer Press's pair of skirmish-level fantasy/steampunk games.

Help me with my shopping list :)

Postby Davegotsu » 03 Nov 2013, 16:55

Ok, I’m posting this to get some idea of what people’s opinions are, as well as talking it through for myself. I have some spare money after my birthday, about £50 I could spend on models.

I have a long list of stuff I want to buy for Warmachine/Hordes, and I’ve posted it below. I’ve limited it to just Cryx and Skorne, as until I get more Menoth and Legion painted there seems no point buying for them.
I need to work out what to buy next. I have many options, some better than others, and I need to make the most of my purchases.

Hordes: Minions
Gatorman Posse (5), £29.66 – For my Morghoul list, to provide a self-sufficient but hard hitting unit. I already have the Task Master which turns them from just silly to very silly. I have a 25pt list variant that drops the Bronzeback for 3 gators, Task Master and another 2pt solo.
Gatorman Witch Doctor, £10.76 – I had him in mind for the 35pt upgrade to the Xerxis list. His job is to give Undead and Tough to the Swordsman unit. Downside of this, they would no longer give souls to the 2 new solos in the list that love some souls, so I may have to re-think this idea.

Archidon Heavy Warbeast, £17.95 – Cheap and hard hitting heavy beast, with a useful animus.
Cataphract Incindairi (6), £31.27 – These are rather silly, and would go really nicely with Xerxis
Mammoth, £85.28 – He’s on the list, but I’d only be buying to paint for now as I don’t think I could make it work at 35pts.
Molik Karn Character Cyclops Warbeast, £17.05 – Character Cyclops that sees a lot of play with Makeda, but is silly regardless.
Warlock Lord Arbiter Hexeris, £11.65 – Skorne’s version of eGaspy, while I’m not sure what to field with him, he does a lot for most of what I have.
Tiberion and Gladiator Kit, £33.94 – Because who doesn’t love more Titans. With some magnetising this would give me the option of 4 more titans. Double Gladiator + Bronzeback as a battlegroup :D

Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss – Ok, these are only on the list because I want to paint them! Aurora is cheap enough I might manage to slip her in.
Clockwork Angels (3), £13.56
Aurora Numen of Aerogenesis, £9.56

Bile Thralls (6), £12.15 – While I’m not a huge fan of the models, what they offer in infantry clearance can’t be ignored.
Lich Lord Asphyxious, £11.65 – The power caster in a faction full of strong casters. He’s been nerfed twice now, but still is amazing. Still won’t be able to beat Mannall though.
Lich Lord Terminus, £26.95 – I want to do an undead pirate list with him, and I only lack him now.
Ripjaw Bonejacks (2), £11.65 – More arc node options are always good, and these come with an AP attack as well.
Satyxis Blood Hag, £6.25 – Ok, she’s being bought regardless. I have the Blood Witches, so it would be silly not to have her.
Scavenger, £8.96 – I have been thinking of running this bonejack with the Journeyman caster, so I have a bit of time before I need to worry about that.
Wraith Engine, £53.95 – I think this could be good with Gaspy3, but a bit expensive for 1 list, that would need to be 35pts.
Mechanithralls, Bane Knights & Blood Gorgers – I want them, but I’m waiting for them to be re-boxed, ideally in plastic.

Boomhowler & Co (10), £37.56 – A 4+ tough tarpit unit, yes please :).
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (10), £31.96 – Commonly run with Denny1, gives a good ranged unit which I lack at the moment.

So, given my budget, what do you think I should buy? - A Dave-tastic Blog[/size]
WoW Character: Davegotsu

Re: Help me with my shopping list :)

Postby Dakk » 04 Nov 2013, 07:10

Personaly, I would go with the Archidon as Sprint is fenomenal, and pick up 2 blisters of Mechanithrals.

I think it will be a long time till they redo them in plastic and it then gives you the option of having the full unit or 2 full units when they finaly do do them in plastic.
Give a man a fish and you will make him confused and suspicious!
"Someone has the monday sillies."
"Hitlers Still in the Cupboard"- Grarl
WoW Character: Dakk

Re: Help me with my shopping list :)

Postby Davegotsu » 04 Nov 2013, 14:33

I can see what you are saying, but at the moment its quite tough to even find the blisters of Mechanithralls.

The January release of the Mechanithralls may only be a 10-man rebox in metal, but buying that would give me a max and min unit, or otherwise know a max and whatever of yours I borrow to create new ones :)
For them, I think waiting until at least I know what the January box will be is more sensible.

Archidon is very nice, crit pitch on the tail attack and the sprint animus. He's certainly under consideration. - A Dave-tastic Blog[/size]
WoW Character: Davegotsu

Return to Warmachine & Hordes