Project Delivery

This forum ain't big enough for the both of us.

Project Delivery

Postby Davegotsu » 14 Jul 2013, 16:23

I thought I'd post this seperately from the miniatures thread. Here is the latest news from Outlaw regarding how they are going with producing all our stuff.

Hello WWX Fans,

As you all know the shipping date for WWX is quickly approaching. We have been keeping everyone excited and entertained with great updates and photos of the models in the range.

We also promised all of our great backers that we would continue updating everyone on progress and production. So this update is designed to get you guys in the know on exactly what is happening and how things are progressing.

The first thing to remember is that when we ended our Kickstarter campaign in late March we had set ourselves up for a very demanding and challenging schedule. 80+ models in less than six months that all had a unique look and feel.

This meant that all of these minis not only would end up looking totally different than the next but they would all have a detailed and exciting look. With that came concept art, 3D design, meetings, story lines, stat building, and of course production. Oh, and lets not forget production of all these cool minis.

As we get closer to our dates we will break up the updates in sections. We look at the overall project as four specific sections. Media (rule book, art book, comics, novels, box art), In-house Resin (models being made in the USA like bosses and vehicles), China Plastic (hired hands, and other similar items), and lastly Accessories (templates, counters, dice, and terrain).

So how is progress moving along on the great game of WWX? Actually our teams have been doing an amazing job. Many of the deadlines we set for ourselves have been achieved and actually finished early. However with any new company surprises will happen.

These surprises have pushed some time lines a bit past what we expected so we are keeping you guys in to loop every step of the way.

Here are the four sections and how they are progressing at this time.

Media - 75% finished - Final rules have been written and the book is in the final stages of layout. With the hard part behind us we will be sending the print ready rule book files to China on August 1st. Printing will take 3 weeks for all 3000 of our books. They will than quickly put those on a container and ship them out to our US warehouse. Expected deliver will be mid to late September to us.

In-House Resin - 60% finished - With close to 10,000 models to make we are very happy on how quickly the resin is being produced. Not only that but the quality is beyond what we expected and is getting us very excited about the overall product. Many of you have purchased Mic Ironclad or received the Lady Of The West. The quality of our final product has actually increased since those models have been made. This is a really cool and exciting event for us. The overall resin count should be on time in mid to late September.

China Plastic - 20% finished - This is the one area that has moved the slowest. Mainly this has moved slower because of the workload that our partner has been sacked with. The China company we are using is the best in the business. With being the best you get a lot of work and our partner is no different. This has caused a bit of a delay on their end. It's something we have discussed in great detail with the owners and they totally understand our need for fast delivery. On the other hand WWX and our partners will not rush a product just to make a deadline. We want you guys to have the best miniatures possible and that takes a bit of time. These plastic minis will be the best in the industry no matter what.

So what does that mean for delivery dates? The fact is that with adding templates to the plastic needs and the entire Mercs batch as a special secret bonus to all our backers we added around 4 weeks of delays. This means the we are looking at late October or even the first week of November for our plastics. However we are looking at possibly pushing them faster. We just don't want to rush a great product to get things to you three or four weeks early.

Accessories - 65% finished - Currently Micro Art is banging away on the buildings and Chessex is finalizing the dice. We also have other items like posters and goodies that are well ahead of schedule. We don't feel like there will be any delay on these items arriving to us on time for mid to later September.

In the end we are around 55% finished with our project. Considering the amount of minis in the range and the super cool additional items we are doing great. We will keep you guys posted on a two week basis so everyone knows exactly what is happening. As always we will continue to show you sweet pictures of the models as they are finished by our great team of artists.

Have a great weekend to all and remember, "In Jesse We Trust"

Outlaw Team

Personally, I am thinking that late October, early November may well be more realistic for us to receive our stuff. Combine the delays with the additional shipping required to get the stuff here, I don't think that's outrageous.

Also, I'd like to forward an idea for when the box does arrive. Obviously I'd need mine posted to me, however to guarantee their safe arrival (and this idea is more fun) I'd like to organise a group unboxing. Basically, once we've got an idea for an arrival date, we organise a time to get together and I will come down and we can break open the box together. Now this will need a bit of co-ordination (and potentially transport to and from the station if Big Al is agreeable) as I can imagine it might be tough to co-ordinate all our schedules. However, I think it would be much more fun for us to see the models together, and we can show off the cool things.

So, who's up for it? It just means we may have to wait a few days before we can raid the box.
http://davegotsu.blogspot.co.uk/ - A Dave-tastic Blog[/size]
Davegotsu

WoW Character: Davegotsu

Re: Project Delivery

Postby Big Al » 14 Jul 2013, 19:07

I'm up for it. May need a bit of warning so i can get any saturdays off for it though.
Not even a bloodcurdling "moo" of defiance.
Big Al

WoW Character: Jintsu

Postby Dakk » 14 Jul 2013, 23:57

yeah that could be fun :)
Give a man a fish and you will make him confused and suspicious!
"Someone has the monday sillies."
"Hitlers Still in the Cupboard"- Grarl
Dakk

WoW Character: Dakk

Postby Davegotsu » 15 Jul 2013, 13:49

That's what I meant by having to co-ordinate. Given that we may not have an exact date even once they start shipping, we may want to just pick a day a few weeks ahead of when we think they'll arrive just to be sure. Then we can get the time off as we need.

It'll just need Mannall being strong willed enough not to open the box!
Davegotsu

Postby Davegotsu » 02 Aug 2013, 10:42

A new update on how the project is going.

Hi WWX fans,

So the month of August is here and already moving quickly. We wanted to get you the latest information on the production of our cool models. We also wanted to get you some more model pictures to keep you excited for the delivery date that is just around the corner.

Just like the first update we will break everything down into section so you guys know exactly what is going on at each step.

Please don't forget that you can email us any questions you have at info@outlawminiatures.com or go directly to www.wildwestexodusforum.com to see the latest and greatest going on with the WWX world.

Media - 90% finished - The Rule Book is officially at the printers and getting put into print production. We are very happy with the overall look and feel of the book and thing you guys will find it to be an awesome surprise regarding WWX and its history. The Rule Book is packed with over 200 pages of fluff that should really help set the mood for gaming.

In-House Resin - 75% finished - To be honest this has been our greatest surprise. Not only are we still way ahead of schedule on the resin but the models are coming out with amazing detail. We recently purchased a very high quality 3D printer and have been spitting out master models at a rate of 1 to 2 per day. In the 3D printing world that is very vast. What is so exciting for you guys is that the 3D images you have been seeing and can see below is the exact detail that these models are being printed at. Just a few more guys to make and we will be all set with in house resin.

China Plastic - 40% finished - As everyone knows this is the part that has taken the longest up to this point. The good news is that our China factory has informed us that with their added new machines they just installed they have really gotten production moving. We should no more about delivery dates on the Aug 15th update. Stay tuned.

Accessories - 80% finished - The tokens and templates are already tooled and going into actual production runs in China. We are simply waiting to decided on the best color for the templates and plastic tokens. We should have some sample plastics to look at in the coming days and the tokens will then go into production. These get done in just a couple days so we should have the entire run of Templates and Tokens ready by the end of this month. The Micro Art Studio guys tell us they are moving ahead without issues and will have everything done in the coming weeks for delivery to our two shipping locations. More to come on the MAS terrain on the Sept 1st update.

So currently we stand at 70% finished with the entire KS project. Things are moving very quickly and we will continue with the by-weekly updates to keep you guys in the loop.

We also added a special update treat with the finished images of the Kaufmann broghers, Judge Stern, and the evil DC member.

Keep an eye out for more updates in the next few days with the latest models.

"In Jesse We Trust" Outlaw Team
Davegotsu

Postby Davegotsu » 17 Sep 2013, 18:46

Latest Update

Production Update #3 Sept 16th. We are almost there everyone!!!!

Ok so we are a bit excited right about now. As you can see from the latest updates and facebook posts we just released Lawmen to round out all 5 armies from the kickstarter. We never planned on doing this but we knew our fans wanted it so we put in the extra hours and it paid off.

Lawmen will ship with everyone's backer rewards early next month so if you like them add them via the wwx website asap.

Just like the first two updates we will break everything down into section so you guys know exactly what is going on at each production stage. Please don't forget that you can email us any questions you have at info@outlawminiatures.com or go directly to www.wildwestexodusforum.com to see the latest and greatest going on with the WWX world.

Media - 98% finished - The Rule Books are almost finished and will be getting packed for shipping early next week. Both the Mini Rulebook and Hard Cover Rule Book look amazing and total out to 300 pages for the main and 64 pages for the mini. The main has all the fluff, hobby tips, and enough stories to keep you busy for weeks. The mini rule book is a clean and direct look at the rules that you can keep in your official WWX gaming bag. These will be on a boat to America in just a few short days.

In-House Resin - 99% finished - All of the master molds and models have been finished. Not just the ones for kickstarter but the ones for Lawmen also. These are looking amazing and many of you have seen the quality in person at GenCon or even in your own hands. With Kyle The Black, McClain and Ironclad you have seen an early preview of what your rewards will look like. I think everyone can agree that these will be top notch models that you will be proud to paint and play.

China Plastic - 95% finished - Yes, you are seeing that correctly. China is 95% done with all of our plastics. They heard our requests to get the project done on time and they have busted their butts to do it. Many hard working people stayed up very late to get this done for all of us. As of right now all of the model sprues are finished. We are simply waiting on the main WWX tokens to round out the project and being mass production. Don't let that worry you since injection molding thousands of parts only takes a few days at best. We have been told that these items will all ship in the next week or two at the latest. With a short 3 week trip across the ocean it should put us shipping to you guys by mid October.

Of course we will keep everyone posted on everything from the container number to the boat it is packed on so you can trace it via ocean freight websites. This way everyone knows when these babies hit the US.

Accessories - 100% finished - Micro Art Studios did an amazing job and actually got the terrain done early. The UK warehouse has all of the terrain ready and waiting for the other items to arrive. The US will be getting their goods in just a few days. These look awesome and will ship on time with everyone's other rewards.

So currently we stand at 98% finished with the entire KS project. It has been a long run and we can't wait for you guys to get your rewards. We know you will love them once you see them.

Please follow us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WildWestExodus

Or become a memeber of the official forum at www.wildwestexodusforum.com

"In Jesse We Trust"

Outlaw Team

With the expected US shipping date in mid October, I imagine that'll see us getting the stuff early to mid November with luck. My late November week off may be well timed. Although with Deadzone shipping in November, I may be up to my eyes in models!
Davegotsu

Postby Big Al » 17 Sep 2013, 20:30

You're always up to your eyeballs in models :)
Not even a bloodcurdling "moo" of defiance.
Big Al

WoW Character: Jintsu

Return to Wild West Exodus