AWC website redesign

For discussion of Wargames, Board Games and other table top games that don't have their own section.

AWC website redesign

Postby Grarl » 11 Feb 2013, 23:25

Apparently I don't have enough to do, so late last year Abingdon Wargames Club decided to ask me to take a look at redesigning their website. Just got around to putting together an early concept, which I've attached below for anybody interested. Just waiting for their feedback now before I start filling it with content & so on.

Existing site is here for those who've not seen it / forgotten what it looks like. I've kept the colour palette, but that's largely it (the redesign moved further and further from the current site the more I iterated on it). I've mainly just tried to clean it up and make it a little more modern, since the current one hasn't stood the test of time all that well.
Attachments
awc-template.png
awc-template.png (168.81 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
Grarl
Site Admin

WoW Character: Grarl

Re: AWC website redesign

Postby Grarl » 12 Feb 2013, 23:59

Next iteration. All content is obviously just placeholder for now. Not sure yet whether the picture boxouts on the right hand side are going to be just decorative or whether they'll be big hyperlinks to key webpages like "what is wargaming?" and "how to join" and the like.

Couple of things that might end up not surviving as-is, I've got a nasty suspicion I've abused the dropshadow a little so that might get toned down, and also I haven't been quite able to get the transparency on the yellow content box quite right - you can't quite see the dice behind the box enough for it to be worthwhile, but if I increase the transparency the dice start to interfere with the readability of the text too much. So that might get scrapped. Fortunately it's a very easy dial to twiddle as I try out different levels.
Attachments
awc-template.png
awc-template.png (290.93 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
Grarl
Site Admin

WoW Character: Grarl

Return to General Discussion