What I am currently reading...

Re: What I am currently reading...

Postby Dakk » 05 Apr 2011, 16:07

Been a while since i have updated this, and cannot quite remember what i have read :(

I have Finished off the Kate Daniels series, which was a nice fun series, not too heavy but enjoyable all the same. There appears to be more books in the works but the author has not fnished them yet.

I have started on the new starwars series, reading the first three books, Outcast, Omen and Abbys. I also reas Millenium Falcon and Coruscant which fall in between the Legacy of the force and The Fate of the Jedai. I was slightly disapointed buy the Fate of the Jedai, as they just felt a bit short, barely reacing 300 pages in some cases. They were well written though. Millenium Falcon was a nice fun read as it was all about the History of the falcon and who owned it before the Han Solo won it from Lando. Coruscant was really miss named as it had nothign to do with that planet, but was an ok book. It introduced you to Jaden Korr, who i believe was the main character of one of the Jedai Academy games. Also in the Star Wars univers i have ready Paths of Destruction, that details Darth Banes rise to power. While it was a good book, it seemed to lack something from the rest of the series, probably due to not having any connection to the films is what let it down for me.

I have also read The Diamnod throne, book one of David Eddings Elenium. I really like his books, especially the belgariad and the Malorian. I would be reading the second one now, unfortunatly all the bookshops in Oxford seem to have sold out of it, so i need to wait for my order to arrive before continuing. The series fllows Sparhawk a Church Knight in his quest to find a cure for a mysterious Malady that has befallen the Young queen of Elenia ( hence the name of the series). There is plenty of action and also magic and politics and he also touches on some more serious issues liek racism, but only very gently. I am not sure which series i prefer of his but i do know it is not the elder gods as that one is just a bit too contrived.

While waiting for the Ruby Knight to arrive i am reading Rides a Dead Legion by raymond E Feist. It is something like the 17th book that he has writen in this particular universe, focusing on Pug and his legacy. I think all of htem are very well written and enjoyable books, i am not certain how many more that he can write as the enemies keep getting bigger and nastier, although i have a feeling that this will be the final or nearfinal trilogy, in this universe as it has the feel of tying of loose ends. But i could be wrong though.
Give a man a fish and you will make him confused and suspicious!
"Someone has the monday sillies."
"Hitlers Still in the Cupboard"- Grarl
Dakk

WoW Character: Dakk

Postby Kazz » 08 May 2011, 18:28

i decided against reading the vampire hunter D book for now and have read 14 books this year, i read a random fact book about series killers. not fun stuff.

now i am reading The independent filmmaker's Law and buiness guide. hopefully it will be of use for my exam
I will travel cross Azeroth,
Searching far and wide,
Non Combat Pets to understand,
The power of the Light.
Non Combat Pets, its you and me,
Ignore the fact that I’m a talking tree,
Non Combat Pet, oh, you’re my best friend,
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

WoW Character: Kazzataur

Postby Dakk » 25 Jan 2012, 14:18

I have just finished reading Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonegut.

I was given it by my housemate to read as he said he enjoyed it.

I am not sure if i did enjoy it, but it was funny in places and also had an interesting message but while i did finish it, and the end was good i just wasnt hooked by it.
Give a man a fish and you will make him confused and suspicious!
"Someone has the monday sillies."
"Hitlers Still in the Cupboard"- Grarl
Dakk

WoW Character: Dakk

Postby Eloradanan » 08 Mar 2012, 20:29

Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace, which I've been meaning to read for a while.

Think: a more accessible Gravity's Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon. (Weighty tomes with huge casts... wrapped around a unifying MacGuffin... mixing high-falutin' science talk, sharp social satire and dumbass pop-culture gags.)

I'm sufficiently entertained to consider digging deeper into DFW's oeuvre - most likely contender being Brief Interviews with Horrible Men.

Cxo
Eloradanan

WoW Character: Eloradanan

Previous

Return to Books & Comics