Ally - the rabbit who liked salty jeans

An area for topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Ally - the rabbit who liked salty jeans

Postby Alan » 14 Mar 2012, 12:42

This is a tribute to a wonderful pet, while not really my pet she has still lived with us for 2 years and has been a wonderful pet to Kate for much longer. She sadly passed away today, a sudden loss for both me and Kate. We had believed that she was either having a phantom pregnancy or naughty Donnie had caught her somehow as they haven't spent time together with out us there to separate them.

She had spent the weekend building a nest out of straw and finally her own fur as she would have when ready to give birth. I found her in there this morning and I had to break the bad news to Kate before heading to work for what was already going to be a bad day. We're not sure why she died but she can't have passed on much before 5 or 6 this morning. She may have been pregnant and lost the kitts or something but its rather sudden.

She has always been a friendly rabbit (with some mood swings), although a bit too keen to tuck in to food when you offered it her or when filling up her food ball, even though it was to give her food she didn't like you removing the food source.

She was a bossy thing and liked to be in charge as Donnie knew as she would chase him around. She loved food, she would stick her head head out and beg for food or just to be stroked.

Often when her salt lick was gone (or she had pulled it off and buried it) she would lick peoples hands for the salt in your sweat. She would also lick anything remotely salty, including peoples jeans!

She died young but I hope she died happy and I know she was well loved by lots of people. I'm sure little Donnie will miss he bossy girlfriend and the thrill of chasing her.

Below are a couple of pictures we took just before we got Donnie and Kate had her new camera so took lots of photos of her running about. I hope those who knew her can look at the photos and smile and have fond memories of her.

Black Rabbit of Inlé comes for rabbits in their time, I just hope where ever he takes them, she is happy.

RIP Ally
Alan

WoW Character: Huagh

Re: Ally - the rabbit who liked salty jeans

Postby Davegotsu » 14 Mar 2012, 12:54

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

She was a lovely rabbit.

Here's to her running free in the giant meadow in the sky.
http://davegotsu.blogspot.co.uk/ - A Dave-tastic Blog[/size]
Davegotsu

WoW Character: Davegotsu

Postby Kazz » 14 Mar 2012, 13:59

Lovely post, I'll probably write more whe I feel better.

I really need bunny cuddles atm. :(
I will travel cross Azeroth,
Searching far and wide,
Non Combat Pets to understand,
The power of the Light.
Non Combat Pets, its you and me,
Ignore the fact that I’m a talking tree,
Non Combat Pet, oh, you’re my best friend,
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

WoW Character: Kazzataur

Postby Dakk » 14 Mar 2012, 14:49

That was a really nice post Alan,

Ally will realy be missed as she was such a nice rabbit, very friendly and had such a soft coat, and so inquisative.

only time i saw here irritated was when donnie was getting a little too persistant.

I am really sorry :(
Give a man a fish and you will make him confused and suspicious!
"Someone has the monday sillies."
"Hitlers Still in the Cupboard"- Grarl
Dakk

WoW Character: Dakk

Return to General Discussion