Missy - My Baby Girl

An area for topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Missy - My Baby Girl

Postby Kazz » 06 May 2011, 12:35

This is my dog missy, Image

She is a Collie Lab. shes 15 human years old, so i was 5 when i saw her first.
i've had her since she was a pup given to my mom and the household i guess. she was given away because she was apparently crazy and disruptive, a lot of things that this little puppy turned out never to be. she was given to us under the name of Xena, which i thought was pretty awesome. But she wasn't my dog yet, so mom decided to change, her name to missy.

That night i picked this puppy up and she fell asleep and that moment she was mine, my dog and no one would take her from me, given i was only yay big at the time. she still my dog.

whilst she was growing up she had a terrible habit of stealing food from the bin which would always cause my mom to yell "Bitch" strangely she responds to bitch nowadays possibly more than missy.

Over the years we played lot and stuff, i never taught any tricks though i was pretty impressed that she could scale a 6ft fence if she wanted, and she would often jump up to the top bunk of my bunk bed. i'd spoil her with belly rubs which i'm going to assume she loved because when ever i said "belly rub?" she'd roll over.

She's dammed fast our dogs had a crazy habit of running out the front door, 4 dogs running through the streets as a pack, quite a nice site. we'd always catch them and take them for a walk after. obviouslt "Walkies" was a crazy moment they'd get all excited and bark. i have a memory of just missy getting out of the house, i was ill at the time, so i was in bed, in my pj's i hear that she'd gotten out and i was out of bed and after her in a second, it has been snowing and there way a think layer of snow between my toes as i ran out into the cold, i caught up with missy and she ran off to the near by field thinking it was a game. after that i got her home all safe and sound.

One of the things that made me love missy all the more was you really have to earn her affection, she isn't one of these dogs that just hand out kisses willy nilly, you have to earn them. well ask for them :p

She's had 3 litters of pups if i can think correctly and out of those pup she only ever had one runt that didn't make it 9 pups each time and she only has 8 teets she did an excellent job looking after them, absolutely ace mom.

Shes been to the vets a fair amount now she is getting older whilst i was still in high school she had a haematoma on her ear, so i dropped her off to the vets before school, and i kept her leash with me all day, i couldn't focus, the day felt like it lasted forever. when i got home the neigbhour was bringing her back in the car because she was still off her face from the anestetic, i have to say i have never seen anything so cute as my dog off her face. we had a nice big brand new dog bed, and i fetched my duvet to line it, she was placed in it and fell asleep. that night i did sleep in the dog bed next to her... yes its that massive.

I've had other pets over the years, bunny rabbits, and hamsters and missy has always treated them like puppies washing them and following them in a protective way. i always admired that.

I also never realised how protective of me she was/is i remember taking her out for a walk for a night time photoshoot, the other subject in my photoshoot didn't have a chance of coming near me so i had to photoshop my images in the end. she's very friendly during the day.

Since moving from home and going to uni i haven't seen her as much as i'd like to same goes for my grandma, my mom and my sister. i don't see my dad as much as i'd like to either but this is a post about my dog, i've seen her 3-4 times since being at uni, which really upsets me, i didn't take her from home when i left because of the other dogs. she'd miss them and i didn't want that.

Today my mom phoned me to tell me that missy has a tumour in her shoulder bone and that if it fractures, she'll have to be put down. so i felt that i should write a little something about my favourite dog in the world, my baby girl. The dog that comforted me through breaking up with my big high school boyfriend, being there for me when my great-grandma passed, when my uncle died and the demons of my past she was there with me she probably never knew what to do but she was there and she slept on my bed at night. And i'll be there for her i promise.

missy in my kitty cat hat, such a very patient dog even let me dress her up and paint her claws ><

me and missy <3
I will travel cross Azeroth,
Searching far and wide,
Non Combat Pets to understand,
The power of the Light.
Non Combat Pets, its you and me,
Ignore the fact that I’m a talking tree,
Non Combat Pet, oh, you’re my best friend,
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

WoW Character: Kazzataur

Re: Missy - My Baby Girl

Postby Alan » 06 May 2011, 17:03

A lovely energetic dog. Let hope that she doesn't injure herself. A lovely post about a friendly dog and faithful companion. Just hope that she can pull through this and not hurt herself.
Alan

WoW Character: Huagh

Postby Kazz » 06 May 2011, 17:33

she is currently on Tramadol, funnily enough these are the same pain killers that alan is on, this dog has had such an impact on my life, that when she does finally pass, several pain free years from now... hopefully i'll have a tattoo to honor her. i don't ever want her to be forgotten and she certainly wont be forgotten by me.
Searching far and wide,
The power of the Light.
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

Postby Kazz » 11 Jul 2011, 08:00

It seems that today is the day, and i don't understand how i'm going to cope today. Over the past few days she has stopped eating completely. i'm waiting to hear about a phone call to the vets, but i think it is one thing to find it is today another to know you'll be there as the life leaves her.

i'll probably post more later, but this is the only place it seems right to put.
Searching far and wide,
The power of the Light.
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

Re: Missy - My Baby Girl - (content may upset)

Postby Kazz » 11 Jul 2011, 11:33

i got to the vets at about 9:40. missy went between 9:45 and 10:00, i lost all feeling of time, my baby girl wagged her tail when she saw me, and kept nuzzling me. The vet commented on what a trooper she was because he was expecting to see her much much sooner, but she showed little signs of being in pain. the past two days she had stopped eating and kept falling around like a toddler. The vet agreed it was the right decision.

She looked at me as the vet shaved her foreleg, it was like she didn't quite know what was happening, and she stared me straight in the eye the whole time, She didn't cry when the needle went in and i watched her light go out after about 30 seconds she convulsed and i felt her heart stop. i have no idea how to describe what i feel.

I love my missy.

Rest in Peace My baby girl.
Searching far and wide,
The power of the Light.
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

Postby unholyshadow » 11 Jul 2011, 16:07

Sounds like she was an amazing friend. Im sorry she had to go, but I'm glad she was in no pain and you were able to be there for her.
R.I.P Missy
unholyshadow

Postby Redzzy » 11 Jul 2011, 17:27

A dog that you have grown up with is a member of your family!!!

We all accept dogs won't live aslong as we do but it still hurts as much as loosing a brother or sister when they are no longer with you.

I have had a few dogs and sat here almost in tears knowing what Kate must be going through, HUGS!!!!

My current puppy is really no longer a puppy but she is a big part of my life and family.

Redluna
Tranquility
Aqualuna
Soulfire
Scarletcurse
Holybones
Redzzy

Postby Kazz » 11 Jul 2011, 18:06

this photo was taken when missy stayed at mine, back in may, its a shame but you can tell which eye she is blind in, i like this pic because she looks like a puppy and shes crawled under my bed.
Searching far and wide,
The power of the Light.
AZEROTH WE MUST DEFEND!
Kazz

Postby Zelanya » 11 Jul 2011, 21:55

Losing a dog is always hard. She can romp around in heaven with my lost pups chasing rabbits and stealing sausages. Am glad you were able to be there for her, and I am sure she was glad too.

Rest peacefully Missy
lesleyx
Zelanya

WoW Character: Zelanya

Return to General Discussion